Why Switch From Spreadsheets To an EHS Solution?
Spreadsheets are compelling and flexible indeed, but they were never designed to be used as a database or a workflow system. The use of spreadsheets to manage environmental requirements can result in many issues. It will be the same as financial departments utilizing accounting software or distributing and manufacturing businesses utilizing a particular enterprise resource planning system.
A comprehensive environmental data management system is a tool that enables organizations to collect, store, and share environmental data in one place. This system can store and access data from various devices. This system is beneficial for minimizing the risk of data errors and improving the consistency of the data for final analysis and reporting.
In line with the technology, it is advisable to use reliable EHS software to organize, manage, and monitor data, which is significant for environmental compliance requirements and reporting.
Why Should You Not Rely On Using Just Spreadsheet?
Spreadsheets are typically used to keep businesses running smoothly. However, they are not always helpful when addressing the many issues related to EHS, especially when it comes to complying with environmental requirements.
It’s true that spreadsheets are a single-dimensional tracking system for multi-dimensional issues. Quality, regulatory compliance, sustainability come together but are usually isolated into different tracking systems without complex software.
With the use of a more sophisticated EHS software, you can easily establish baselines, analyze reports, and integrate various aspects of Environment, health, and safety, as well as sustainability.
What Are The Risks Of Relying On Spreadsheets?
Below are a few points why you should reduce spreadsheet or consider switching from excel to an automated software system:
- Automated Reporting. It is also critical that you have professional reports that can maintain and report on your key performance indicators. Having reports built-in to your environmental data management system simplifies the work of keeping track of the important data, significant for environmental compliance and reporting.
- Environmental Permits. The conditions that permit contain determine the monitoring requirements an environmental department should comply with. The conditions of permits detail the actions required to be taken to form the goals of the management plan. Also, conditions should be linked to the management, which the spreadsheet is not capable of doing.
- Planning. An environmental data management system is a tool that enables organizations to manage and collect data related to various aspects of their operations. Spreadsheets are often complex to use and require a lot of functionality to manage. This can create a lot of data entry errors and require a lot of time to discover them.
- Visualization. Spreadsheets can easily create graphical representations of your environmental data, but they are typically not powerful enough to provide a truly compelling visual presentation. Especially in environmental compliance reporting, if your data is in a variety of formats, such as charts and tables, then a dedicated data system will allow you to create an interactive and visual environment.
- Validation. An environmental data management system will collect and validate the data collected from various sources and will notify its users when a potential issue occurs. So, this eliminates the need for manual work. If you do this task manually on the spreadsheet, it will be very time-consuming with possible human errors.
Why You Should Use An EHS Software?
Since EHS Software is cloud-based, your business information is safe and secure. With EHS Software, all your business’ data is not stored in a single location. As a result, you can easily control and manage employees’ access to the data.
Reducing the use of spreadsheets or switching from excel to EHS software, can help businesses save time. Instead of having to enter Excel formulas and manually enter data, you can use EHS software to analyze and visualize your business’ data in real-time. So, managing environmental requirements and making reports can be a lot easier aside from day-to-day monitoring and organizing data.
In today’s growing need to organize and manage a large volume of data, every business needs an automated solution, which is more reliable than what we’re used to. With a dedicated software development company, you can easily manage and address environmental, health, and safety issues, regardless of the nature and size of your business.